Sacred Hair Growth Ingredient “Astragalus.”
This Sacred Hair Growth Sequel video is addresses the Astragalus ingredient in more detail. Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for thousands of years. It was often combined with other herbs to strengthen the body against disease.
Click Here for Larger Pop-Up Player!
Astragaus is called an adaptogen, meaning it is thought to help protect the body against various stresses, including physical, mental, or emotional stress. Astragalus is an active ingredient of Sacred Hair Growth.
Astragalus may help protect the body from diseases such as cancer and diabetes. It contains antioxidants, which protect cells against damage caused by free radicals, byproducts of cellular energy. Astragalus is used to protect and support the immune system, for preventing colds and upper respiratory infections, to lower blood pressure, to treat diabetes, and to protect the liver.
Astragalus has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is sometimes used on the skin for wounds. In addition, studies have shown that astragalus has antiviral properties and stimulates the immune system, suggesting that it may help prevent colds.
In the United States, researchers have looked at Astragalus as a possible treatment for people whose immune systems have been weakened by chemotherapy or radiation. In these studies, Astragalus supplements seem to help people recover faster and live longer. Research on using Astragalus for people with AIDS has produced mixed results.
Recent research in China suggests that, because Astragalus is an antioxidant, it may help people with severe forms of heart disease, relieving symptoms and improving heart function. At low-to-moderate doses, Astragalus has few side effects. However, it does interact with a number of other herbs and prescription medications. Astragalus may also be a mild diuretic, meaning it helps the body get rid of excess fluid.
Medicinal Uses and Indications:
Astragalus has been used for the following:
- Adaptogen — protects the body from stress and disease
- Anemia — One early study suggested astragalus may improve blood counts in people with aplastic anemia. But the study was poorly designed, so more research is needed.
- Colds and influenza — In TCM, astragalus is used as part of an herbal combination to prevent or treat colds, although TCM theory holds that, in some cases, it may make colds worse. Evidence in animal and laboratory tests suggests that it may act against viruses like the ones that cause colds.
- Diabetes — Astragalus appears to lower blood sugar. More studies are needed to know whether it can actually help treat diabetes.
- Fatigue or lack of appetite from chemotherapy — Some studies suggest astragalus may help reduce side effects from chemotherapy. The studies have not been well designed, however. More research is needed.
- Heart disease — Several studies suggest that astragalus may act as an antioxidant and help treat heart disease. However, most of the studies were not well designed, so more research is needed.
- Hepatitis — A few studies have used a combination of herbs containing astragalus to treat hepatitis. Results have been mixed.
- Kidney disease — Astragalus may help protect the kidneys and may help treat kidney disease, although the research is preliminary. More studies are needed.
- Seasonal allergies — One study found that astragalus may help reduce symptoms in people who have allergic rhinitis or hayfever.
Astragalus root may be available in a variety of forms:
- Tincture (liquid alcohol extract)
- Capsules and tablets, standardized and non-standardized
- Injectable forms for use in hospital or clinical settings in Asian countries
- Topically for the skin
How to Take It:
There is not a lot of scientific evidence about giving Astragalus to children, so ask your doctor first. According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, you should not give Astragalus to a child with fever because the herb may make the fever last longer or grow stronger. Any dosage should be determined by your doctor.
I simply wteand to write down a simple word so as to express gratitude to you for those great strategies you are posting on this site. My rather long internet look up has finally been compensated with reasonable suggestions to exchange with my contacts. I d believe that we site visitors are very blessed to exist in a very good site with so many awesome people with valuable tricks. I feel truly privileged to have used your entire website page and look forward to plenty of more cool minutes reading here. Thanks a lot once again for all the details.